Writers Studio Literary Festival
Spend a Day with Denver’s Stalwarts and Rising Stars
ACC’s Writers Studio Literary Festival, which will be held on Saturday, April 13 from 8:30am to 4:00pm, brings you the best of Colorado, from upcoming stars and a Colorado Book Award winner to Colorado journalism stalwarts.
An annual tradition, the Festival offers the opportunity for community members and students alike to spend the day honing their craft and hob-knobbing with professionals. Attendees work with two authors, which you choose from a group of six, for two two-hour sessions:
- 8:30-9:15am: Check-in
- 9:30-11:30am: Morning session
- Steven Dunn – Applying Film Techniques to Writing
- Joseph Hutchison – The Music of What Happens: Exploring Soundscape
- Christopher Merkner – Writing About (Not Your) Family
- 11:30am-12:45pm: Reading and lunch
- 1:00-3:00pm: Afternoon session
- Hillary Leftwich and Deanna M. Rasch – Discovering Your Ghosts in Writing
- Nancy Stohlman – Going Short: An Invitation to Flash Fiction
- Kevin Vaughn – Finding Your ‘e’ Spot — Crafting Stories That Don’t Begin ‘Once Upon A Time’
- 3:00-4:00pm: Participant Open Mic
We understand this will be a difficult decision — and that’s how we wanted it to be!
Attendees can expect to learn, to write, to conversate. There will be a continental breakfast served, as well as a hot lunch. Guests will be enamored with the lunch-time reading and will also have the opportunity to share the work they produced at the end-of-the-day Open Mic from 3-4.